Plan for one luggage bag to check, and one backpack that the camper can carry onboard, filled with important items, i.e. medicines, wallet, passport, yellow card (vaccinations), glasses or contact lenses, camera, book to read, sweatshirt or anything else they may need on the plane or would need in case a flight is delayed.
Bring minimal, conservative jewelry and plan to only wear earrings. Wearing visible body piercings other than in the ears is not allowed—it is offensive to people of other cultures.
Laundry will be washed 2 times during our stay in Camp Nakavango. We suggest that you not pack blue or black clothing—it attracts tsetse flies which are a biting pest. Also, please note that IT IS ILLEGAL for civilians to wear any form of camouflage clothing.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
- Short & long sleeve shirts (not blue or black or camouflage)
- Short and long pants (not blue or black or camouflage )
- Hiking boots and sneakers
- Sweatshirt/fleece top and windbreaker/rain jacket (not blue or black or camouflage )
- Warm hat & gloves
- Underwear & socks
- Binoculars & camera (remember batteries)
- Personal medications in original containers with correct dosages and physician information if a prescription—enough for the entire trip
- International plug adaptors—voltage is 220V plugs: square 3-pin plug (as used in the UK)
- Sleeping bag and flashlight