Start and duration:
- The Nakavango Conservation programme begins on the first and third Monday of every month
- Please make sure that you arrive on the Sunday before your programme starts
- Volunteers can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from two to to 12 weeks
- Volunteers must be over 18 years of age at the beginning of the programme
- Volunteers must present a recent criminal background check to the Operations Manager at orientation
- Fluency in English is required to participate in the programme as all staff members speak English
The programme is perfect for those who are dedicated to positive action! Through making a difference, our volunteers experience self-enrichment, increased self-knowledge and an unparalleled sense of fulfilment.
Our volunteer programme is the primary experience offered at the Nakavango Conservation Centre, and is open to volunteers from around the world, throughout the year. As a Nakavango volunteer, you will engage in “behind the scenes” conservation and game reserve management activities, wildlife research, and community development programmes. About 80% of your working time is dedicated to conservation activities, with 20% being dedicated to community development projects. We suggest a stay of 2-4 weeks, you may choose to stay for up to three months!
Volunteers are kept busy Monday to Friday with weekends spent at leisure, providing you with the opportunity to explore the Victoria Falls area and take part in the adrenalin and leisure activities on offer, as well as give you time to soak up the local culture.